Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another Lunch Break Win

Court Square strikes again!  Yesterday, I got wind of some information that Jamie Oliver may or may not be filming a TV show there over lunch.  So, I grabbed my trusty intern and headed out.  Sure enough they were filming BBC America's latest original series, Chef Race: UK vs. U.S.  Sounds like a very interesting show, you can find out more here http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/bbc-america-chef-race-jamie-oliver-337052.  From what I can tell two teams of chefs, one from the U.K. and one from the U.S., will be traveling from LA to NYC and competing in various competitions along the way.  In Memphis, each truck had a different menu and the winner would be determined by how much money they made over a 6 hour period.  Molly and I  chose the U.S. truck of course, and ordered one chicken and one beef & potato taco each.  They were really good.  Molly liked the chicken best, but I really liked the beef & potato one.  Let's face it, I've never met a taco I didn't like:)  If you happen to catch this episode while you are just casually watching BBC America like we all do, I am wearing a purple shirt dress and Molly had on an orange silk top, maybe you can spot us.


U.K. truck, move your head dude


U.S. truck, the obvious winner


Tacos:)

Fun fact of the day:  A polar bear's fur is not white.  Each hair is a clear hollow tube.  Polar bears look white because each hollow hair reflects the light against their black skin.




No comments:

Post a Comment