Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.

While visiting my family this weekend I was smacked in the face with the fact that I'm not getting any younger.  Well, none of us are, so I know I'm not alone in this.  I went to watch my 12 year old little cousin play in a soccer tournament and instead of my sweet little missing-teeth and scraped-knees buddy, I got this:



Who the heck is that?  Surely this is a 20 year old sorority girl, not a 6th grader. 

Presleigh is the daugther of my first cousin Amy.  We were always close growing up, so naturally I am close to her children too.  Presleigh was born when I was in my late teens, and was the first baby in my family that I was old enough to care for.  I have loved watching her grow and am so proud of this little (big) nugget.  She is smart, funny, kind and obviously very beautiful:)  I am 100% turning into my mother in the fact that I nearly burst into tears everytime I see her.

Here are some oldies but goodies so that you can visualize us over the years.  I haven't changed a bit, obviously.


Strangely we kind of look alike in this one.
Don't judge my JLo white terry warm-up pants.  I think this is the sweetest picture:)


Adorable!

This was July 4, 2010.  What a difference two years makes!


Fun fact of the day:  The distance between the steps of the Capitol Building and the steps of the Lincoln Memorial is 1.9 miles.



1 comment:

  1. Hey! This is Kirstie (Chad's sister) McCormick. Love your blog so far. And the dress from Anthro rocks hard!

    ReplyDelete