Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Bestie!

Today is the birthday of one of my very best friends!  Happy birthday Kaitlin!  Unfortunately she is traveling for work or I would take her to lunch at the location of her choice.  We celebrated on Monday night with a surprise dinner and drinks with friends that was great fun.  It was her husband's idea, but hey, I helped.


Kaitlin and I met four years ago this summer as we both started working at ALSAC at the same time. We are both from small towns that are relatively close to each other, and grew up dancing and being cheerleaders, shopping with our moms, learning things from country old ladies, and generally overachieving.  We are eerily similar creatures and often show up in matching outfits when we don't plan to.  We have basically the same opinions on everything, so she is my go to gal when I need reassurance that I am doing the right thing.  She always agrees with me:)  She is so smart!

These days we enjoy going to the gym (actually we mostly talk about going to the gym), doing home improvement projects, finding fun things to do in Memphis, baking, crafting, shopping for vegetables, growing flowers, reading each others books and wearing each others clothes.

Kaitlin likes to call me Nana, as I am a few months (like 60) older than her.  But I am okay with it, I like being her Nana.

So happy birthday to my dear sweet Kaitlin!  I look forward to celebrating many more birthdays with my friend and still planning amazing theme parties when we really are Nanas.


Fun fact of the day:  America's most common birthday is October 5.  Happy New Years everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment