Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Things That Bug Me

I've starting making a list of things that really bug me.  Here are a few:
  1. Using the word "party" as a verb.  For example, when you ask someone what they are doing this weekend and they say "I guess we'll just party at the house".  What does that mean?  You are not AC Slater and it is not 1991. 
  2. Extremely elaborate entrances for very average homes.  You know what I am talking about, the stacked stone walls topped with concrete lions and secured with an iron electronic gate and a surveillance camera.  You aren't fooling anyone, you still live in a 3-bedroom ranch.
  3. Monogrammed babies.  Now don't get me wrong, I love a monogram as much as the next southern gal, but when a baby has it's initials scrawled on it's shirt, hat, shoes/socks, diaper cover, and pacifier it's a little much. 
  4. When people feel the need to talk to you on an elevator just because you are there.  If you don't know each other and there isn't really an obvious topic, it really is okay to just be quiet.  Quiet is not wrong or rude, quiet is A-OK.  The other day after a long silence my fellow elevator rider looked at me and said "my hands are really dry, I need some lotion".  Why?
Fun fact of the day:  Delaware has more Ph.D.s, as a percentage of the population than any other state.  Go Delaware! You bunch of smartys:)

No comments:

Post a Comment