Friday, August 3, 2012

Uninvited Guests

This summer I have prided myself on my green thumb.  I have never been able to grow anything on my deck because of the oppressive sun, but this year I've got a whole urban garden!  It's beautiful:)  But, yesterday morning I watched in horror as two doves decided that one of my planters was a perfect spot to build their love nest.  After several tries at waving my arms and stamping my feet at them, they simply waited for me to go inside and started again.  So, instead of continuing to look like a fool several times a day, I decided on a new tactic, rubber snakes.  I hope this does the trick.

I put these two on the deck

This guy in the neighboring planter.  He's a coral snake, not at native Memphian.

And I put this guy right next to where they are building.  That ought to scare the crap out of them.  And, that crap better not end up on my deck.  Rawwrrrrrrr!

Fun fact of the day: In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment