Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Charlotte Day of Fun Part 1

I visited my cousins this weekend in Charlotte, NC.  We had not seen each other in a while and it was so great to just spend time with them like the good ole days:) In fact we had so much fun I had to break it up into two posts. 

To preface, my cousins Martha, Katherine and Laura all live in Charlotte.  Martha and her husband Will just got a new golden doodle pup named Watson.  It's he just a doll?

 
 
 
Also, Martha and Will have done a lot of work to their super-cute house since my last visit including painting their kitchen cabinets, new appliances, new tile floor and adding a tile back splash.  Will did all the work himself!  I really love their kitchen.  Also, notice the stool; Martha is a bit shorter than most.
 


Here is what we did on Saturday:

8:00 am - Hot yoga.  This was my first attempt at any type of yoga so the 142 degree room temperature was a little shocking.  Martha and I were far from the worst ones in the class but there is a still a lot of room for improvement.  We especially need to work on our wheels.  I sweated out a good two pounds so I'd call this experience a win, even though the assistant laughed at us in the parking lot when we got to in the car and immediately pulled down the visors to check out our hair.

9:30 am- We hit up a breakfast food truck.  It was delish.  I fell in love with a rescue pup named Magoo who only had one eye.  Thank goodness I came to my senses and didn't bring him home to TN!

1:00 pm- We headed to Carolina Golf Club to have lunch with my friend Jessica and her boyfriend Jeremy.  Jessica is new to Charlotte and I introduced her to my cousins so they could help her get acclimated.  The weather was beautiful and so was the company!

 
3:00 pm - Aviation Museum.  Laura met up with us to head over to the museum.  We saw the plane that  Captain Sully landed in the Hudson, watched a 40 minute documentary on the events of that day, and got to sit in the cockpit of a Vietnam fighter jet.  They kicked us out at closing time, gosh we're cool.
 

 
4:00 Queens campus visit -  We stopped by the campus of my cousins' Alma mater, Queens University, so I could visit Miss Anne.  Miss Anne and her little dog Dan have been featured in many a Charlotte family photo.  She recently got a new home, so I wanted to stop in and see her new digs.
 
 
Here is an artistic shot of Miss Ann and Queens campus

 
8:00pm - Dinner.  We went to dinner at a place called Cowfish.  They specialize in having the best of both worlds, sushi and burgers.  I got a bento box that featured a mini gouda cheese burger, sweet potato fries, edamame, and a shrimp tempura roll:)
 
10:30 - Selwyn Pub.  We only lasted about 45 minutes at the pub, but we had a fun experience where everyone around us was extremely tall.  It was a little bit like being thrown into a an NBA/WNBA mixer.
 
11:30 - We taxied home and got ready for Charlotte Day of Fun #2.  Stay tuned, it's a big one.
 
Fun fact of the day:  Alexander Graham Bell, the inventor of the telephone, never telephoned his wife or mother because they were both deaf


No comments:

Post a Comment