Thursday, September 27, 2012

Charlotte Day of Fun Part 2

Here is what we did on Sunday:

After walking Watson around the neighborhood and eating a nutritious breakfast from my new favorite fast food joint, Bojangles, Martha and I headed over to Nordstrom for some boot shopping.  I purchased a pair of Frye's that I have been eyeing, but will probably get buyers remorse and return them:(

By noon we had picked up Katherine and were headed to Uptown to rent bikes for the day.  Laura joined us and we were off through the city!  The bike rental concept is a good one, it's an excellent way to see a city and get some exercise at the same time.  The weather could not have been more perfect.  Here we are with "the pea".  Chicago has a bean, Charlotte has a pea.


We road the bikes to Festival in the Park where we devoured some delicious fair food for lunch and took a spin through all the vendors.  We returned our bikes and were off to get mani/pedis.  I'm the one of the left with the alien feet:)


Next up Martha and I headed to Pinkberry and I got to use my full frequent buyer card that I have been hoarding for months.  All other yogurt shops are posers, Pinkberry is where it's at.  This is peanut butter yogurt with nutella, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate shavings and a waffle cookie.


Then Martha spilled her crack on the sidewalk.  Hahaahaha.  I kid, I kid.  We are as drug free as they come.  And, yes we wore the pedicure flip-flops to get Pinkberry.



To cap off Charlotte Day of fun we went to a wonderful Italian dive called Zio.  It was GOOD.  I ordered the pasta maria at Will's recommendation and it didn't disappoint.

 
I finished up the day by introducing Will and Martha to my new favorite TLC show, Breaking Amish.  I think they DVR'd the whole season:)  I do what I can to make others happy, you know?
 
I had the best weekend thanks to my sweet cousins.  Special thanks to Will and Martha for housing me and feeding me too:)
 
Fun fact of the day: Tommy Lee Jones and Al Gore were freshman roommates at Harvard.  I bet that was interesting. 
 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE Breaking Amish! I think Kate is such a mean girl but she's still my fave!

    ReplyDelete