Thursday, September 6, 2012

Major Announcement


Do you notice anything interesting about this photo of my family?  I mean, besides the fact that we all look like exotic super models and that the little one down front is threating a knuckle sandwich?  Hopefully you won't have to look too closely to see that there are no boys.  In the last 62 years my family has welcomed only girls, 15 of them to be exact.  Of course there are some boys or there wouldn't be new girls, but we marry 'em not birth 'em.

Well, things are about to change around here!  My sister is expecting a BOY due in February. The ultrasound guy said he was 95% sure it was a boy, so I'll take that.  Stay tuned, there is a 5% chance I will be announcing the birth of my niece in the next couple of weeks.

Fun fact of the day:  According to the US Census Bureau, there are 97.2 males for every 100 female in the US.  Alaska has 108 males for every female, the most of any state.  Maybe I should move to Alaska.

1 comment:

  1. I have often thought maybe I should move to Alaska. (Jokingly of course) I actually know a couple guys that live there, and they complain about there being NO women there.

    ReplyDelete