Saturday, October 6, 2012

Taco Top Five

Since National Taco Day on Thursday I have been thinking about my favorite tacos, so I put together this top five list.  I've had a lot of tacos in my life, but these are the best of the best.

5.  Chicken Tacos - Fuel Food Truck, Memphis, TN
This mobile fiesta has be most delicious soft corn tortillas in town.  Fresh avocado and cilantro add tons of flavor to this new favorite.

4.  Crunchy Beef Taco - Guadalajara, Clarksville, TN
Talk about a classic!  Guadalajara is the best Mexican joint in my hometown and their tacos are hard to beat.  Nothing fancy, just good old fashioned tacos, like grandma used to make.  Neither of my grandmother's actually ever made tacos, but I'm sure some one's did.

3.  Brisket Taco - La Cocina, Seacrest Beach, FL
If you like spicy this is your taco.  The spiced up brisket is the star here.  Nothing like coming in off the beach when it's 99 degrees and filling up your bikini belly with fiery brisket that's been basting all morning:)  Gross?  No way.

2.  Tres Tacos - Molly's La Casita, Memphis, TN
The closest I can find to Taco John's in Memphis.

1.  Crunchy Beef Taco - Taco John's, Sikeston, MO (many locations) 
The ultimate in fast food Mexican, that's a lot of awesomeness in a shell.  Don't forget the hot or mild sauce and an extra cup of cheese for dipping.  Don't worry about the grease that drips out the bottom when you take that first wonderful bite, it's not like you eat it everyday.



Fun fact of the day:  Nashville's Grand Ole Opry is the longest continuously running live radio program in the world. It has broadcast every Friday and Saturday night since 1925. And my grandmother still tunes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment