Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Downtown Dining Week Night #1: Eighty3

Downtown Dining Week is here!  Second only to Christmas, it is such a magical time of year for me!

If you know me, you know I like to eat.  And, getting my fine-dining on is one of my favorite past times.  I got some of the girls together and made reservations about a month ago.  There are a ton of restaurants participating this year and all pre-fix menus cost $20.12.  I love a bargain:)  Hurry up and make your reservations, the fun is over on Nov 11.  http://www.downtowndiningweek.com/

Night #1 - Eighty3
Rating - **** (4 out of 5 stars)

The food was really delicious, but Eighty3 lost one star due to the wacky service and melted ice cream.  Here are some photos from our experience:

Menu - they didn't have the salted caramel ice cream.  Our waitress told us the ice cream was store-bought, but not "the cheap stuff".  Good to know.  We all had the fried green tomato slider as our appetizer, it was really good.  The chef offered to send us the recipe for the jalapeno ketchup:)

To add to the wackiness there was a table of Japanese food critics who were taking pictures of french fries.  This was my attempt at nonchalantly snapping a pic of them.
 
Main course shrimp and grits were amazing!

For dessert blueberry bread pudding and vanilla ice cream. I would rather have had my ice cream still frozen,  but that's just me.

Fun fact of the day:  When lightning strikes the ground, it will sometimes fuse the soil into hollow, glass-lined tubes called a "fulgurite." This is especially common if lightning strikes a sandy area such as a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment